Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Packing... Things Dancers need for their bags

In the spirit of killing two birds with one stone I'm going to be packing while I write this entry on the essentials of the stripper bag. That way I won't forget anything.

Now, As of right now I'm a traveling girl. All that means is that I have to pack a lot more. I'm going to focus first on the bag that I will actually be taking to the club with me. There are several rules to packing a good dancer bag.

Pack Light... *Especially* if you're new to a club. You should be able to fit everything into a small duffel bag. I use a medium-sized Jansport backpack. You don't want to be leaving your stuff out. EVER. Packing Light just ensures you go home with everything you came with.

Once you get a little more confidence and experience with your club in particular, you may want to start leaving a few outfits in your locker to lighten the load even more!

Key Item You May Not Know You Need!
1:Scissors
2:Ribbon/cut up old nylons (most for shoe repair purposes... but also comes in handy for any number of dancer catastrophe)
3:BabyWipes
4:DiperRash Creme. (For real guys... stop wearing jeans to stripclubs.)
5:Deodorant (you'll regret it if you put some on at home and don't bring it with)
6:Gum
7:BobbiPins
8:Something to sit on [like a scarf] (many clubs have vinyl seating... which causes sweaty buns, which causes butt pimples)

All the items above +shoes, +up to 3 outfits, +makeup, +hair supplies and you have yourself an expertly packed dancer bag! As I said, once you get to be more of a regular worker having a regular locker really cuts down on the stuff you have to haul back and forth everyday (ie: WIN)

When Packing the bag itself (and THIS is REALLY important for people who may not even get a locker right away) cover everything with your outfits. Some girls will take anything, but lets not make it easier by leaving a straightener, or a cute lipgloss etc etc on top in an unzipped bag. DO NOT leave money or phone or ANYTHING you really wouldn't want stolen unlocked in the lockerroom. You can only expect to keep the things you have with you - otherwise, its just good grace. Now I'm not saying that you're going to get picked clean- but use good sense when choosing things to bring into the club. ESPECIALLY if you don't have the ability to lock it up.

Have a small bag you carry with you to keep your money, id, phone etc. Keep it with you AT ALL TIMES. I like to think of it like a tiny stripper briefcase, mostly because if my dancebag was as messy as my purse I'd be in trouble. My recommendation is the small cosmetic bags at walmart.

So now you know the essentials of a dance warrior's bag... Maybe one of these days I'll let you in on some of my secret items ;)

Look forward to Posts from the Road NOLA BOUND!
Moonshine*
*wooWOOallABOARD!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home